Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Beginnings

In light of just beginning this blog I thought I would take this first post to share a bit about myself. My name is Michelle Muse. I'm married to a wonderful man and together we have two children. I began writing when I signed up for National Novel Writer's Month in November of 2008 along with my teenage son. I "won" that challenge by finishing an original story of at least 50,000 words in one month, and have been hooked on writing romantic fiction from then on. With a few months off after the death of a dear friend, I began to get back into writing early 2010 and I've been writing since. I joined Romance Writers of America last summer. Through RWA I have also taken many writing workshops where I have met other people who also share this passion of writing and are either published or, like me, dream of being published.

I have finished two contemporary romance stories, one of which I am editing and reworking right now. My  heart lies in historical fiction so the next story I plan to work on will be based in medieval Scotland. I am also interested in the paranormal genre as well. 

There is nothing like digging deep inside of yourself to see and create your own characters, their lives and their community. It's a way for me to dig inside myself.

I hope to use this blog to share my journey, the ups and sometimes downs of writing for pleasure. I hope you will join me.



No comments:

Post a Comment